Monday, August 19, 2013

Enough With The Excuses!


Alright all, it's time for a little tough love.

When I was at work today, some of my coworkers were commenting on how their job has really taken a toll on their health.  They talked about how they exercise less and eat less healthfully because they "don't have the time."  While I certainly am gaining a profound empathy for full-time workers, like myself, who have a harder time fitting exercise and healthy eating in, it can certainly be done!  I am learning how to adapt and make my new situation work so that I can sustain my pre-established healthy habits and help others foster theirs.

Like my coworkers, you too might feel there are not enough waking hours to dedicate to exercise and healthy eating.  You might also find yourself comparing the "you" of now with the "you" of then.  I used to work out all the time.  I used to be so good about my eating habits.  If you're having self-defeating thoughts like these, squash them now!  Ask yourself how you can make the most of your current situation, whatever it is, to live life better in your present situation.

To use myself as an example, as it may help you, I used to practice Vinyasa yoga once a day, sometimes twice;  I'd prepare myself beautifully made lunches, sometimes spending an hour on them (not to mention presenting them beautifully so I could post them to Instagram);  and I'd spend my days baking vegan desserts in my kitchen.  At that point in my life I was able to do all those things but those things are not feasible with my current full-time work schedule.  I've found that rather than compare the "me" of then with the "me" of now, I'm enjoying the process of discovering ways to create a healthy schedule for me that serves me in my life now!

So getting back to the whole "I don't have time to eat healthfully" excuse--it's crap.  Complete and total crap.  I'm sorry but it is.

My schedule right now is crazy, being gone basically from 6:30 am to 7:45-8:00 pm, depending, and yet I find time to eat healthfully!  I just plan a little more.  To do this, you don't need to find more time, you just need to discover new ways to use the same amount of time to incorporate healthier practices!  Feeling daunted by this task?  I can help!  Just email me!


I would like to end this post by encouraging you all to take one positive action step by making your own healthy lunch tomorrow.  That's it!  You can interpret this challenge in any way you'd like and, please, share your results!  How was the experience for you?  Was it time-consuming?  Did you enjoy the meal you prepared?  What did you make and how did it feel to know YOU made the healthy lunch that nourished you?

I can't wait to hear your feedback!

Love, light and happiness,



No comments:

Post a Comment